Summary: Minutes of the FOSS Steering Committee Meeting
October 28, 2014
7:00 PM LAMP, ROOM 302, 185 5th Street, Etobicoke
- Jorge Ture, the new park supervisor, has agreed to allow FOSS to repair two benches in addition to the two that the Lakeshore Yacht Club previously repaired.
- FOSS’ president will congratulate Mark Grimes on his re-election.
- FOSS plans to complete a Park Friends Group Survey.
- FOSS has submitted a letter and an accompanying map advocating that CSS Park be designated an Environmentally Significant Area (ESA). The Steering Committee has added two additional areas complete with a list of wildlife found therein.
- FOSS has asked a prominent local birder to investigate the feasibility of CSS Park’s being designated an Important Birding Area (IBA).
- Members of the Lakeshore Yacht Club (LSYC) regularly maintain park facilities as part of a good neighbour policy.
- FOSS advocates a Monarch butterfly/pollinator garden near the site of the viewing platform. TRCA will assist with plants, but will not provide a second sign. The field with numerous swallow boxes (north of the marina) has been named “Swallow Field”.
- FOSS discussed the status of the Men’s Picnic Shelter with the park’s supervisor and was informed that the city has no funds for repairs. Instead, FOSS was provided with a fundraising guide prepared by the city. FOSS will seek possible grants for this project.
- Excessive Grass Cutting: FOSS’ president will meet with Park Supervisor Ture in the spring to outline the areas that need not be cut. FOSS will supply a map of the areas of concern.
- An action plan is required to cope with the daytime parking problem in the south parking lot.
- “Humber College Welcome Centre” informational meeting –Monday, November 4- Room A170- 7-8:30 p.m. 3199 Lakeshore Blvd. West. FOSS has several environmental concerns.
- “Toronto Official Plan” Informational meeting Thursday, November 27, Etobicoke Civic Centre. 6:30-9 p.m.
I think it is imperative that AT LEAST the row of parking that is in line with the handicapped parking be designated IMMEDIATE PARK USERS ONLY.Humber then can inform their students and the Catholic school can do the same,It is ridiculous now-even on weekends there does not seem to be parking for park users.
Post a Comment