Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

COYOTE IN PARK

"I spent the weekend out in the country looking for wildlife, didn't see much of anything.  I come home to Sam Smith and this morning I met our new neighbour.

It was a bit too close for my comfort but didn't seem too worried about me.  It worked it's way around the pond, the geese grouped together to make a protective cover for the goslings, and kept up the warnings the whole time the coyote was on the island of the pond.  I think it was eating goose eggs and it did get something else, but I couldn't figure out what that was.  Probably best that I don't know."
Photos and observations from Heather Jack 

The coyote has been observed a number of times galloping along Lake Shore Drive east from the park.

1 comment:

mister anchovy said...

My wife spotted a coyote on Lake Prom at 5:30 this morning while walking the dogs.