- As a result of informal surveys of dog owners at Col. Sam Smith Park and Marie Curtis Park, F.O.S.S. will submit a formal letter to Councillor Grimes outlining specific suggestions/requests for improvement of the dog park.
- Off-leash dog signage suggested by F.O.S.S. has been approved by the city for use in all city parks.
- F.O.S.S. supports the development of a community vegetable garden at the originally suggested location only, i.e. in the field found on the south side of Lakeshore Blvd. just west of the Rabba store.
- Colonel Samuel Smith Park’s annual clean-up day: Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 9:00AM-3:00PM.
- Spring Bird Festival is scheduled for Saturday, May 24, 2014, 9:00AM-1:00PM. F.O.S.S. will have items (e.g. t-shirts) and memberships for sale. Kids’ activities include bird house/feeder construction. Art projects will have a bird-focussed theme.
- CCFEW-sponsored bird walks are scheduled for: February 8-Humber Bay, March 15-Col. S.S. Park, April 26-Col. S. S. Park. April’s walk is led by Bob Yukich. Meet in the south parking lot.
- For more information about kids’ (Grades 1-8) nature classes scheduled to be held in Col. S.S. Park during May and June, contact Jimmy Vincent (416.675.6622 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Humber Arboretum. Be sure to mention the CCFEW subsidy. The park is readily accessible by TTC bus.
- F.O.S.S. to sponsor a spring photography competition. Watch blog for details. Winning photos to be showcased on the blog and at the Spring Bird Festival.
Search This Blog
Thursday, January 30, 2014
SUMMARY - MINUTES FOSS STEERING COMMITTEE - JANUARY 21/2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment