Summary: Minutes of the FOSS Steering Committee Meeting
September 22, 2014
7:00 PM LAMP, ROOM 302, 185 5th Street, Etobicoke
- The FOSS Steering Committee discussed a variety of questions deemed pertinent for the candidates in the upcoming October 27 municipal election. Six questions concerning the welfare of CSS Park were chosen. See blog for details. Ward 6 Town Hall Meeting: October 7, 2014, Polish Alliance Hall, 2282 Lakeshore Blvd. W., 7:00-9:00PM.
- CSS Park has been added to the list of Environmentally Significant Areas (ESAs) as part of the city’s Official Plan. See the following link for more information:(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/pg/bgrd/backgroundfile-71931.pdf
- The FOSS Steering Committee plans to research the possibility of declaring CSS Park an Important Birding Area (IBA): See www.ibacanada.ca for additional information.
- CSS Park has a great need for additional new benches and for repair of the remaining few. FOSS plans to seek permission to repair two benches located at the south end of the marina. See blog for more details re: the sponsorship of a commemorative bench (or tree).
- FOSS plans to pursue the goal of establishing a Monarch butterfly/pollinator garden (milkweed and wildflowers) near the site of the viewing platform.
- FOSS will petition the city to repair and maintain the picnic shelter in the park and to remove the racist graffiti that is exhibited there.
- FOSS is concerned that grass cutters in CSS Park do not always respect the TRCA’s suggested 1-2 foot buffer zone around the park’s shrubs.
Post a Comment